Wine is part of our lifestyle — why not celebrate it while networking? If you're considering a wine tasting party, try these ideas:
- Present wines from different countries. Have people present the histories of their favorite bottles. The more regions, the merrier — it'll be like a trip around world.
- Include all types: white and reds, desserts and old world.
- For added expertise, bring in a sommelier.
- For food, consider simple hors d'oeuvres, cheese, olives, grapes, apples or even pub food. There's a great list of more complicated hors d'oeuvres here.
- Have a raffle or a drawing where the winner gets a nice bottle of wine.
- Raise money for a favorite charity.
- Put car keys in a fishbowl — and provide transportation!